Your privacy is important to us
- “affiliates” means an entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common ownership or control with Grand Home Furniture For purposes of the foregoing, ‘control’ means the ownership of (i) greater than fifty percent (50%) of the voting power to elect directors of the company, or (ii) greater than fifty percent (50%) of the ownership interests in the company.
- “personal information” means personally identifiable information and data sets that allow us to determine your identity. This information is used to improve your shopping experience and to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
- “third parties” means entities or individuals that are not affiliated with Grand Home Furniture through any contractual or business relationship.
- “outside companies” means companies with which we have contractual relationships that help us bring you the products and services that we offer.
Personal information we collect and how we use it
- In connection with a purchase online or in store, we collect your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone number, email address and payment card information.
- During website registration, product reviews, surveys, or other programs you elect to participate in, we collect your name, email address, password, address, and telephone number.
- When you participate in sweepstakes, contest or other promotion, we collect your name, email address, telephone, zip code and gender, birth month and day, and any other personal information you provide.
From Grand Home Furniture’s interactions with you: We collect information about you and your transactions and other interactions with us, including the products or services you purchase online or in store, use or return.
From Third Party Sources: We may combine your information with information we collect or receive about you from other online and offline sources, which helps us to customize our services.
Information we collect by automated means
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about how you browse our website.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more customized service. They enable us:
- To estimate usage numbers and patterns;
- To store information about your preferences, and to allow us to customize our website according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognize you when you return to our website.
We also use “pixel tags” (sometimes called “Internet tags”, “web beacons” or “clear GIFS”), which are tiny graphic images, on our website. Pixel tags help us analyze our customers’ online behavior and measure the effectiveness of our website and our advertising. We work with service providers that help us track, collect and analyze this information.
Pixel tags on our website may be used to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the features you use, the links you click, and other actions you take in connection with the site. This information may include your computer’s IP address, your browser type, your operating system, date and time information, and other technical information about your computer. We may also track certain information about the identity of the website you visited immediately before coming to our site. We do not otherwise track any information about your use of other websites.
Pixel tags and cookies in our emails may be used to track your interactions with those messages, such as when you receive, open or click a link in an email message from us.
We also work with business partners that use tracking technologies to deliver advertisements on our behalf across the Internet. These companies may collect information about your visits to our website and your interaction with our advertising and other communications.
We may combine the information we collect through cookies and pixel tags with other information we have collected from you. This information may be used to improve our website, to personalize your online experience, to help us deliver information to you, to determine the effectiveness of our advertising and for other internal business purposes.
Use of your information
Use the information we collect from our customers for various purposes, including:
- Process transactions upon the customer’s request;
- Improve our stores, website, customers’ shopping experiences and quality of services;
- Send communications to customers about our products, services and promotions
- Prevent and detect fraud and abuse;
- Process information or claims in connection with incidents at our stores;
- Enable our service providers to perform certain services on our behalf; and
- Comply with our legal obligations, policies and procedures and for internal administrative and analytics purposes.
Others with whom we may share your personal information
Service Providers: We also may disclose personal information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we may work with an outside company to:
- Manage a database of customer information;
- Assist us in distributing e-mails;
- Assist us with direct marketing and data collection;
- Provide us data storage and analysis;
- Provide fraud prevention;
- Provide customer service by phone or chat; and
- Other services designed to assist us in maximizing our business potential.
We require that these outside companies contractually agree to keep confidential all personal information we share with them and to use the personal information only to perform the obligations outlined in the contractual agreements.
Grand Home Furniture Credit Card Accounts: We may share your personal information with Synchrony or another financial institution that issues or services Grand Home Furniture. credit card accounts.
Affiliates and Business Partners: We also may share or disclose personal information to affiliates and business partners that help us bring you the products and services we offer or that offer products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving offers from our affiliates and business partners through the opt-out links in the communications you receive.
Compliance with Law: We may provide access to personal information when required by law to do so, to cooperate with legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights or to protect the rights, property or safety of visitors of this website or the public.
Links to other websites
While visiting our website, you may link to sites operated by our business partners or other third parties. This does not mean that we endorse these sites. We do not make any representations or warranties about any website you may access through the Grand Home Furniture website. They are independent from us, and we have no control over, or responsibility for, their information or activities.
Grand Home Furniture goes to great lengths to keep your personal and financial information private and safe. We take appropriate physical, electronic and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personal information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail. Our customer service center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note, however, that e-mail is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
We use Secure Socket Layers (SSL), the industry standard in transferring information to process your orders. The SSL encrypts, or translates, your order information into a highly indecipherable code, which is processed immediately. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. When you have finished shopping and begin the checkout process, you will move into the secure area of our site. Once you have entered, the page address (URL) will change from http to https, to let you know you are in a secure area. You will remain in this secure zone for the entire checkout process.
Unfortunately, despite our commercially reasonable best efforts, the transmission of data over the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we will use every reasonable means to ensure the security of information you transmit to us, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be intercepted by third parties. We will, however, prosecute any unauthorized or fraudulent transactions to the fullest extent permitted by law. If you experience an unauthorized or fraudulent transaction through our website or at one of our stores, please notify us immediately so that we may investigate.
“SPOOFING” and “PHISHING”
A common Internet scam is known as “spoofing” or “phishing.” This occurs when you receive an email from what appears to be a legitimate source requesting personal information from you. Please be aware that Grand Home Furniture will never send you an email requesting you to verify credit card, bank information, or any other personal information. If you ever receive an email that appears to be from us requesting such information from you, DO NOT respond to it, and DO NOT click on any links appearing in the email. Instead, please forward the email to us at [email protected] as we will investigate all instances of possible Internet fraud.
Grand Home Furniture’s practices regarding the collection, storage, transfer, use and other processing of personal information were developed in accordance with the safe harbor principles set forth in federal law, including the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (Pub. L. No. 106-102, 113 Stat. 1338 (1999) et seq.) as follows:
- Notice – Grand Home Furniture will give you timely and appropriate notice describing what personal information we’re collecting, how we will use it, and types of third parties with whom we may share it with.
- Choice – Grand Home Furniture will give you choices about the ways we use and share your personal information, and we will respect the choices you make.
- Onward Transfer – When disclosing information to a third party, Grand Home Furniture applies the notice and choice principles and takes appropriate measures to protect your privacy and the personal information we transfer.
- Access – Grand Home Furniture provides ways for you to access your personal information, as required by law, so that you can correct inaccuracies.
- Security – Grand Home Furniture will take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Data Integrity – Grand Home Furniture takes reasonable steps to ensure that personal information the company collects is relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used and that the information is reliable for its intended use and is accurate, complete and current.
How to contact us
Opting out of marketing; Updating information about you
While we enjoy sharing Grand Home Furniture news, products, events and sales with you, we’d like to make it easier for you to unsubscribe from receiving our email messages and/or catalogs should that be your choice. To submit your Opt-Out request(s), you can call us at (708)374-7993 or send us an email at [email protected]
Please be sure to include your full name, email address, mailing address, and specifically what information you do not want to receive.
- I prefer not to receive future email advertisements, such as updates regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer not to receive future direct mail advertisements, such as periodic catalogs and mailings regarding products and services, special promotions or upcoming events.
- I prefer to be removed from all future marketing email advertisements and all direct mail advertisements.
- I prefer not to have my contact information provided to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You may also click the designated link at the bottom of any email advertisement to unsubscribe. Please note that any request to unsubscribe may take up to ten (10) business days to remove.
To unsubscribe from direct mail advertisements, please be sure to provide us with the full name and mailing address indicated on the mailing label.